Tuesday 1 December 2015



It's not so worth getting all bent out of shape about
I turn my back on it and next you know it's all wrung out
Do you want to step outside or do you want a ride
I don't know just what I feel but I feel it all tonight

I give it all in these hours that we set aside
I know I'm feeling grief but that's because my heart's so tired
Don't wanna dream, thinking all our thoughts are only true
We've got enough to spare cause we're awake through half our youth

***

FIRST WATCHER To talk about the past must be beautiful, for it is useless and makes us feel so sorry . . .

***

FIRST WATCHER I've never seen the sea except from here. And we see so little of it from that window, which is the only one through which we can see it all . . . Is the sea of other lands beautiful?

SECOND WATCHER Only the sea of other lands is beautiful. The sea we can see always makes us long for the one we'll never see.

(pause_


― Fernando PESSOA, The Mariner

No comments:

Post a Comment